Social media is the use of web based and mobile technologies to turn communication into an interactive dialogue. Social media is the next big thing currently. It is one of the finest ways of marketing your brand, product across the globe using a single click. Social Media giants like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Digg, Stumbleupon and LinkedIn are making millions and millions of dollars right now. Let’s see how social media is changing our lives.
Starting it with my article on the advent of Facebook as a tool connecting people over the internet, Social media has really reshaped the society. The society, globally, has become more digitalized as people tend to spend most of their time online. People are communicating more often over the internet, getting into relations online and making revenues by Electric commerce. This gives us an insight about the penetration level of Internet in our daily lives. The social media is one of the most happening things over the internet now days and is one of the vital elements for any business.
What is the role of Social Media in business?
Branded companies like Coca Cola, Wal-mart, Nike, Gucci etc are spending billions of dollars on advertisement every year. The main aim of the advertisement is to remind the consumer about the brand every now and then. Since these companies are already well established and they don’t even need to advertise still they are spending huge amount of money for making sure that the end user always has the name of their brand in his mind. With the technological advancements in the IT industry people are leaning more towards online world. An average person spending almost 13 hours on the internet clearly suggests the rapid growth of internet. Companies have learnt this fact and are inclining towards online marketing more. Social media marketing has the same impact as of advertisement.
Why Social Media is the better choice in Marketing?
Using social media marketing you can create a social presence for your company over the internet and with an average user spending more time on the computer than on TV; you have every chance to get more attention. There are other benefits of that too.
- The reach is extensive in Social Media. You can target more people from diverse geographical, cultural, economical areas. Because of the reach, things get more viral over the internet.
- The cost per reach is not that high. When you get the chance to reach millions of people through the same banner advertisement the cost automatically gets lower than that spent on TV advertisements.
- More ways of advertisement, you get a variety of ways of advertising your brand including videos, photos, updates etc.
- You can directly interact with your end user and get very up to date Feedback regarding your product. You can ask questions, debate, comment, reply to the consumer’s queries more conveniently and you will be able to know where you product stands.
- Blogging is another key feature which helps you in sharing your opinions with your users. You can share your views, reviews and get to know more about your users this way.
The importance of Social can’t be denied and I won’t be wrong in quoting that Social media will become the most important part of marketing for every company working. Digital world is progressing rapidly and has a promising future, with a scintillating prospect without a doubt it can become the most significant platform in changing the course of online World making it more interactive and lively.